The representatives of the series of electric single-seaters, Formula E hope to have the public presence in the stands for the rest of season seven and the next appointment in the rounds of the calendar corresponds to Puebla, Mexico on June 19 and 20.
As a precedent, it should be mentioned that the Monaco round earlier this month had its grandstands open to a limited capacity, something that had not happened since Marrakech in March 2020.
The co-founder of Formula E and director of the championship, Alberto Longo assures that there will be an audience at the E-Prix in Mexico but recalled that the final decisions on the rest of the dates will be made by the governments of each of the countries.
“In New York, we are going to have an audience as well – up to 33% of the total capacity of the event. Hopefully in Berlin as well. I was even talking to the mayor, he asked me for a little time to decide how many people could attend,” he said.
About the London E-Prix, Longo said they hoped to know how many people would be at the event. “Obviously, the rules of the game are going to be published by the government in June.”
It may also interest you: Turning point in Rome: di Grassi explains “worst start of his career” in Formula E
Notably, in the UK, up to 10,000 fans are allowed into outdoor sports venues, a capacity that would increase again after June 21.
The ExCeL Center in London will receive the return of Formula E to England, since the previous venue, Battersea Park, no longer had races in the category, mainly due to complaints from residents after the end of the 2015-16 season.
More spectators regardless of the route
The Spanish leader added that it will not be necessary to modify the layout of the ExCeL Center circuit to increase spectator capacity in London, although the track currently has a covered section.
“We still have a lot of space outdoors and that’s where we plan to receive the public that the government allows us to put,” he added.
Written by | Gabriel Sayago